Mountain View

Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 January 2015

Culminating Project

This piece is called "Alone In My Head" which I did for my culminating project. The point of the culminating was to take something that was important to you are is going on in the world and make it a surreal piece of art. The topic I based mine on is anxiety. I personally struggle with major anxiety disorder so I wanted to take that and show kinda what it's like to have anxiety (with things left out of coarse). So what I did is remembered the feelings and things going on in my head when I have anxiety attacks. I wrote them all down and picked the ones that would be effective but easy to visualize. I picked the title I did because It is a perfect thing to describe anxiety. when you have anxiety you are alone in your own head with no one to help you but yourself.

Lucky for me I already had an idea for my shots and such in my head and went straight at it. It mostly stayed how i visioned it but it did changed a little bit and had to be improved. The exact places of the background people and the main persons pose where all improved. So after about 4 shots of trying to take the best fluke shit I finally got a really good one that i thought would work and went to the next process.

 In editing I just went with the feelings I have felt all my life onto the page using all the techniques I have taught my self. Most of the editing is very little touches that make the art that much better. I will go through most of the things I did. first I blurred the background from the main subject, made a mask of the water that was shaped has his body, played with the text a lot to make it look like a tornado (which took forever), changed the levels of the photo and the last thing I Did was add shadows. most of the shadows are custom made by me!

I am actually proud of this project and is probably my favourite thing that i have done so far. I think that I gave the subject the quality it deserves.  Struggling with anxiety also makes me more into the subject matter than anything i have done before.

This Is probably one of my last posts for while so I well post when Im back
there will be a lot better content soon!
- Noodle Doodle Doo

No comments:

Post a Comment