Mountain View

Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Thumbprint Identity

This is my 'Thumbprint Identity' art which is all about my personal identity with everything having a purpose or meaning. First we have the shape of the words.This is my actual thumbprint which shows personal identity because no one has the exact same thumbprint as me and it only tailors to me. Next with the words. All these words are about me in some way but what I did is mix words that weren't so deep with words that were. This represents me because I am very self concious always thinking about what what people think of me. Lastly the background. As soon as I needed to make a background, instead of thinking about it to much, I grabbed the things i needed and started painting. I went with the warm colours because the they good together with you still being able to see the words. They shape of the background was an artistic choice. Instead of all plain shapes (square, triangle, etc) by adding another triangle to a triangle makes it not so plain then the outline for the red shape was already there.

I am pretty pleased on how it turned out but there were still some struggles while doing it. 
I struggled with putting the words in the thumb print because I had to edit my thumbprint taking out lines so could actually fit words in and kept messing up on the words. and the second thing thing i struggled with was thinking of the words. Besides those two things i think it turned out better than i thought it would.




4 comments: